Friday, February 3, 2017

Talking American Character at Mid-coast Forum on Foreign Relations

I had the pleasure of addressing the Mid-coast Forum on Foreign Relations here in Maine last month on the issues raised in American Character: A History of the Epic Struggle Between Individual Liberty and the Common Good, chief among them: how you maintain the Republic.

The talk itself was for members, so I'm very pleased that the stations of Maine Public (formerly Maine Public Broadcasting) broadcast the lecture on their "Speaking in Maine" program yesterday. (I discovered this in a disorienting way: turning on the ignition to my car to hear my own voice lecturing me from the radio.) They have it up as a podcast here, for those interested. I also speak a bit about the 2016 election, fueled from the data in this post over at the Portland Press Herald.




No comments:

Post a Comment