Monday, March 7, 2016

Talking American Nations on the Leslie Marshall Show, Today


I'm one of the guests today on the nationally-syndicated Leslie Marshall Show, which airs live at 3:30 pm Eastern, and thereafter on stations across the country (including WZON late at night here in Maine and in southern New Hampshire.)

Leslie and I had a conversation about American Nations and the effect the regional cultures have on violence, the topic of a Tufts Magazine cover story I wrote a few years back. She appears regularly on FOX News and FOX Business as one of their resident progressives.

The show is also available on podcast here.


2 comments:

  1. Do you think you'll do another primaries analysis like in 2012. I am particularly interested in Donald Trump who seems to be doing better in the Deep south than Appalachia...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will at some point. First was waiting for the field to narrow, now run out of personal bandwidth to do it with the new book launching next week. Trump's performance in the primaries will be a fascinating topic of research. My gut is that the evangelical factor is hurting Trump more in Greater Appalachia primaries, plus the fact that he's not really about individual liberty. I expect the general election map will be VERY American Nations-ish, especially were Sanders to somehow be the Dem nominee.

      Delete