Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lobster Coast: now on Kindle


My exploration of Maine's culture and history, The Lobster Coast: Rebels, Rusticators, and the Struggle for a Forgotten Frontier, is now available in an Amazon Kindle edition.

Lobster Coast has been a New England Bestseller -- and a Maine Sunday Telegram #1 Bestseller -- in both its hardcover and paperback editions. As of this writing, its still ranked 16,021 among Kindle books, so I'm not planning my retirement just yet.

I'm actually giving a talk on the themes of Lobster Coast in Stonington, Maine tomorrow night. In September I'll be speaking in the Portland suburb of Scarborough, which chose the book as its 2009 Community Read. (My speaking schedule is always available on the website.)

2 comments:

  1. Colin,

    "Lobster Coast" is one of my all-time fave books about the Pine Tree State. It's an honest read, and dispels so much of the tourist-y mythology that gets foisted on many by the myth makers at DownEast Magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much for the compliment, Jim. (For the record, I'd have to disclose that I'm a contributing editor at Down East, but hope that I'm dispelling myths in my writing there, not creating new ones.)

    ReplyDelete