Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Talking American Nations on Wisconsin Public Radio, July 4th

For those of you in the Badger State: I'll be your Independence Day guest on Wisconsin Public Radio's morning program from 7 to 8 Central.

Appropriately enough, I'm talking about the ideas in American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America, and their implications for our history, politics, and shared stability.

For those further afield, I'll post a link to the podcast here when it's available. [Update, 7/6/18: Here's the audio link.]

I've appeared on WPR a couple of times in the past, including to talk about my POLITICO Magazine story on Milwaukee's 21st century reindustraliztion drive, and another on the sequel to American Nations, American Character: A History of the Epic Struggle Between Individual Liberty and the Common Good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colin,
    Greetings from Madison! I missed it, but will check out the podcast. I just ordered your pirates book for my son and the Lobster Coast book for Katherine.
    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny - Thanks much! Hope they all enjoy!

    ReplyDelete