Friday, January 15, 2021

Senator Angus King on the insurrection and accountability

I spoke with Senator Angus King (I-ME) last night about the attack on the Capitol and his views on how to ensure accountability for those who incited it, and not just the president. 

He also told of his personal experiences at the Capitol on Jan. 6, including his reluctance to bunker with a horde of Senators and their staff, some of whom don't like to follow Covid-19 health guidance. 

The interview is in today's Portland Press Herald and online.

Senator Susan Collins and Rep. Jared Golden have declined interview requests. For Rep. Chellie Pingree's views on accountability, see this piece on the House resolution to investigate members of the sedition caucus.





2 comments:

  1. Dear Collin Woodard. I live in Cushing, ME. I moved here in 1977, purchasing my in-laws home on the St George River. Since that time, my Wife and I (Christine Anderson) planted an apple orchard. So much of your great book The Lobster Coast parallels my experience. A vignette I wanted to share describes a themes of your book.In the early '80s a person moved nearby to start a kyak school. She closed the school after a year, complaining that the noise of the lobstermen's motors was too distracting. We in the community laughed and laughed, relieved at the outcome. Onward. C. Waite Maclin

    ReplyDelete