Thursday, May 18, 2017

Speaking on American polarization, Brunswick, Maine, May 20

I'm pleased to be a panelist alongside Harvard University's Theda Skocpol at the 2017 Maine League of Women Voters Convention this Saturday morning, May 20.

Skocpol, a scholar who studied the Tea Party movement early and thoroughly, and I will be talking with each other, the moderator, and the audience about the roots of the current American political polarization. I'll, of course, be bringing in some of my thinking via American Nations (and, in Maine, the cultural cleavages discussed in Lobster Coast.) Our panel kicks off at 11am.

The convention -- which also features Lewiston Sun-Journal editor Judy Meyer and Maine Public's Irwin Gratz -- kicks off at 9 am at the Curtis Memorial Library in Brunswick. It's open to the public with a $30 registration fee, which includes lunch.

My next public talk is on August 17 at the annual meeting of the Coastal Georgia Historical Society where I'll be talking Republic of Pirates.


No comments:

Post a Comment