Friday, August 30, 2013

Speaking on Maine coast's past and present, Portland, Aug. 31

For those in Greater Portland, Maine, I'll be giving my talk on the past, present, and future of coastal Maine Saturday, Aug. 31, at the Maine Island Trails Association Small Boaters Conference. The talk is based on my New England bestseller, The Lobster Coast, and is free and open to the public.

My talk kicks off at 5 pm at the Portland Company complex, but earlier in the day there are presentations by historian Lincoln Paine, Harvard scientist John Edward Huth, open ocean kayaker Ken Fink, and former White House Chief Cartographer Rick Paulus. If you want to stay on afterward for MITA's 25th anniversary dinner, tickets are available for $30.

My next public talk in Maine is scheduled for November 3 in Cape Elizabeth, where I'll be talking American Nations.


No comments:

Post a Comment