Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Best of Portland nominee


From the Department of Vulgar Self-Promotion:

I've again been nominated for the Portland Phoenix's Best of 2009 competition, in the "Portland Author" category. If you're a fan of Lobster Coast, Republic of Pirates, or Ocean's End, consider dropping by the paper's website to vote. If you hate these books, you might want to support one of my co-nominees -- Ron Currie (a fellow native of Waterville), Phillip Hoose, Lewis Robinson, and Jan Watson -- or the write-in a candidate of your choice.

Last year the honor went to Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Richard Russo, but he's not on the ballot this time, perhaps because he actually lives two hours away in Camden. (Thank goodness!)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Mr. Woodard. I'm gonna vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, David. If I win, I promise to use my powers for good.

    ReplyDelete